Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Winter Raid

Hey, at least the poem was good.

Load up the war wagons
On this Tuesday night.
We’re headed down to Talmere
Looking for a fight,
Weapons at the ready,
Armored up for war,
To make our precious shrubbery
Ours forever more

The wind blows from the southward,
Bearing this refrain,
Talmerians all on their knees
Praying it would rain.
Their duke prepares their battle plan,
Misgivings in his heart,
Knowing at first contact
It’s sure to fall apart.

All Talmerian ladies
In trepidation stand,
Wondering which Owl’s Nest lord
Is soon to take their hand.
Both fear and speculation
And fantasies sublime
Thinking of a chance to be
With men still in their prime.

No time for obfuscations,
Discussion or delay.
The battle lines are drawn up
Ready for melee.
Our Warrior Owls are flying
Over the southern pass,
Destination: Carroll Towne,
To kick Talmerian ***!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home