Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, January 15, 2007

Rondeau: Thus I Am And Thus I'll Always Be

Set apart, as always I have been,
Somewhat distant, even among friends;
Seeking common ground
That’s nowhere to be found;
Always on the outside, looking in.

In truth I do not know how to begin.
I lack the means to gain my purposed end,
Disconnected from the crowds around.
Thus I am, and thus I’ll always be.

And so I mask myself, I just pretend,
And hide from outside eyes the void within,
While listening for the sound
Of another, like me, bound,
That we can free each other from our pain.
Thus I am, and thus I’ll always be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home