Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

To The Dark Lady

My dark-hearted muse keeps me twisted
With unfulfilled desire,
For she knows that I write better
As my threshold for pain climbs higher.
She callously frustrates my longing.
She’s laughing as she hears me curse,
Looking ahead to the end result:
My pain distilled into verse.
She smiles for she knows I can’t leave her;
She’s too much a part of my art.
She slides her knife into my psyche
Until words pour out of my heart.
She’s the bitch who rains torments on me,
Doing nothing to soften each blow.
She’s the sadist who makes me a poet.
Damn her, but I love her so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home