Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Sunday, February 11, 2007

For Queen Kora

Though our throne is won by conquest,
By King Gunther’s strong sword hand,
He could never hope to rule by force
Our proud and spirited land.
But at his side there stands a power
More subtle than battle wiles.
For who can refuse a royal command
Whene’er Queen Kora smiles?

Have you seen the sun in the morning
When there’s not a cloud in the sky,
Seen it dancing on clear blue water
To dazzle and please the eye?
You might think such a show of light
Unmatched for display, or style.
But it’s pale and drab in comparison
To our Queen Kora’s smile.

In a kingdom known for its beauty,
Our wealth of feminine grace,
There’s none that can match the splendor
Of that lovely royal face.
For we gather by the hundreds,
We line up, rank and file,
Hoping to catch the briefest glimpse
Of that bonnie royal smile.

There are treasures of gold and silver
For which men struggle and toil.
But here’s a trove of more value
Than anything dug from the soil.
For I’d carry any burden,
I’d travel a thousand mile
If at the end there was waiting for me
Our fair Queen Kora’s smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home