Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, February 02, 2007

Another Roll Of The Dice

I've played long shots before, and always lost,
Reaching for a prize beyond my grasp.
Always falling short, though within sight.
And now another beckons me to try,
To risk the odds against me one more time.
So many miles between me and my goal,
And yet I know that if I do not try,
Then I can know that nothing's going to change,
And every night will be just like the last,
Another step towards a lonely end.
And so once more, I gamble and reach out,
Accept the risk of failure once again,
And let another judge my worthiness,
Knowing the potential there for pain.
I know that's something that can be endured
As long as there is hope that it will end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home