Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, April 13, 2007

Fireside Bard

There are those who prefer to perform at Court
For the nobles at their feast.
But I prefer the fireside
Where there there's room for the great to the least.
Those high proper rules of etiquette
Sound pretty, but after a while,
I start to long for a rougher crowd
Whose manners are more my style.

A goblet of wine and a maiden fair
Are the height of courtesie.
But I'm satisfied with a tankard of ale
And a buxom wench on my knee.
You can always count on polite applause
From the ranks of the Gentility.
But a boisterous crowd that roars and cheers
Is the audience for me.

At evening I head for the tavern
Or the campfires just off the road,
Happy to sing for my supper
And lighten a travellers load.
To win a smile from some pretty eyes,
With my verses, a song or a jest,
Where ever the company's rowdy,
I'm always an honored guest.

Performing at Court is an honor
And a priviledge that I enjoy.
But the Crown wants their entertainments refined,
So my delicate arts I employ.
But when my performance is finished,
And the Quality's had enough song,
I know there is waiting a place by a fire
Where the party will last all night long.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home