Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, April 06, 2007

War Camp

Gathered round the fire
Everybody brings
Some of this,
A bit of that
To create a feast for kings.
The meat begins to sizzle,
A bottle makes the rounds,
And talk looks back
To other wars,
And other battle grounds.

Then someone calls for music.
The bard begins to play.
A hush falls on
The camp as all
Await what he might say.
He spins a tale of valor,
Of honor in the fight.
A merry song
That resonates
Into the deeping night.

The golden glint on armor;
Reflections from the fire,
Dance before
The youngling's eyes
As they begin to tire.
Couples, arm in arm,
Exchanging knowing looks.
The night contains
More lessons than
Are found in history books.

Weapons at the ready
For the battle on the morn.
Tomorrow's deeds
Will shake the skies,
And legends will be born.
But tonight we feast and revel
Despite the cold and damp.
The fire burns
Within us all
Throughout our war camp.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home