Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, August 06, 2007

Psalm of Returning

Psalm of Return
By the rivers of Babylon
We took up our lyres
And wept with joy,
For we were going home.
Our exile was at an end:
No more wandering in the wilderness
Scattered to the winds.
The new Zion, the new Jerusalem beckoned.
Once more the milk and honey would flow,
And we would partake
Of our Lord’s bounty,
Never again to stray
Far from His altar.
By the rivers of Babylon
We packed our lyres for the journey.
We would need them
For the celebrations
When we entered in
To the fullness of our joy.

Selah

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home