Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, August 04, 2006

Dark Muse

So, I wasn't in the best of moods when I wrote this.

Dark Muse
Though I call you by fairer names
Dress you in flowers of fantasy
Pretend you have a heart
I know you
Your shadows your eyes
Your laugh
God what I would give to silence that laugh
For it says that you own me
Title and deed
No need for possession
I'll come when you call
To sit pretty at your feet
A dark-headed trophy
A hawk hooded and jessed
With blood on its talons
Mostly my own
Cold bitch
For me no golden hero
No prayers at the bedside
Faces scrubbed eager
Turned to me for wisdom guidance
Wisdom not enough
To settle for three dimensions
I must look inward as well
And what I see through smoky glass
Cracked and stained
Is myself
The jester the dreamer
Lost in the shadow your shadow
Knowing too much
Seeing the strings attatched
Knowing a cheat when I love one

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home