Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, August 21, 2006

The Dragon and the Unicorn Pt III

The Dragon

Behold the usurper,
Whos lidless reptilian eye
Devours and destroys;
Who was chief of servants,
But grew proud,
And sang melodies
The composer never wrote,
Forming harmonies with discord,
Leading the stars in dissonance;
Proclaimed himself king,
But as light already knealt
Before her luminescent sovreign,
The only kingdom left unclaimed
Was that of darkness,
Void and nothingness.
So into darkness this king was hurled,
Where he burned black
With his thwarted ambition.
Malice is that which despises
What once was desired, but then denied.
But what cannot be pessessed
Can be polluted.
In the blight of other's joy
The miserable take perverse pleasure.
Therefore, a malice-forged talon
Reached out and marred
The heart of the Craftsman's labor.
As mortality blossomed on its new made crust,
A garden world plunged, cut-off, into silence.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home