Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Tuesday, August 22, 2006

The Dragon and the Unicorn Pt IV

Dragon's Horde

Have you not seen their faces?
These people who live from dusk til dawn
On hand-outs offered in the smoky green rhythms
Of the jungle. Burnt out people
Living on vitamins and fantasy,
Make-believe kingdoms of goodness and light.
They know it's all illusion, but it's bad manners
To point out the props behind the castle,
Even when it's tottering, about to fall.
And you don't interrupt some one else's dying.
He's been at it a long time anyway,
And you've got your hands too full with your own.
Everything will be all right
As long as nothing is said out loud.
Don't do anything directly, or turn on a light
So that you can't disbelieve what you don't see.
Just giggle and drink, and wait for your turn
To be buried. It doesn't matter.
This could go on for a thousand years
And not once disturb the universe.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home