Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

The Dragon and the Unicorn Pt V

Reflection

The stench of dragon breath fills my lungs.
A horrific sulfurous fog that swallows light
And vomits blindness.
He comes:
The princeof destruction,
Eater of souls and destroyer of men.
He stands above and arches his wings,
Shrieking his cry of rape and death.
There is the clank of armor as he
Drags his blackened scales across the stone.
His acidic breath blights all i his path.
His name is misery.
I look at this beast with loathing.
His smell, his touch disgusts me.
I study the head, shiny with offal and slime,
Feel the bile rise in my throat
As I stare in horror.
I see myself reflected in his mercury eyes.
I see myself, reflected.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home