Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Thursday, August 24, 2006

The Unicorn and the Dragon Pt VI

So what do you do when you know you are dead?
Avoid disturbing questions of course.
Never ask why about anything.
(Overwhelming questions, yes, that is the phrase.)
But what do you do?
Paint your hair orange and shout from the rooftops?
We're dead, ya know, ain't it a hoot?
No, you try to ignore it, hope it goes away,
Even invent religions in a semblance of life,
Singing:
Jesus loves me, this I hope.
It's my only way to cope.
And If this Jesus isn't so,
Where the hell else can I go?
But even religion is dead in the jungle,
Like all the other tricks you think up
To perfume the corpse.

And in the end,you scream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home