Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, January 08, 2007

Buyer's Market

Every way out has a cost,
A price which must be paid.
And you choose before you know the terms
Of the deal that you’ve just made.
For every compromise you make,
There always is a toll.
And if it’s not in money
It’s in pieces of your soul.

It’s rare to find the giver
Who wants nothing in return,
Who has no expectations
Of what his gift will earn,
Who doesn’t see your neediness
As opportunity
To bind you with a heavy chain
To his reality.

There’s men who’d offer you a hand,
Knowing all the while
The obligations hidden
Behind that friendly smile.
He may be a short-term answer
To a situation grim,
But he’ll tie you to him by your need
To drag you down with him.

If you take what he offers
You’ll compromise, no doubt.
And how can you refuse him?
You owe him, you’ll put out.
If you make his devil’s deal
You’ll find he owns you whole.
His terms are very easy,
It will only cost your soul.

It’s a buyer’s market
So girl, you’d best look out
At what you’re really selling,
And he’s buying, there’s no doubt.
You aren’t in control, here,
And if you don’t take my advice,
We’ve determined what you are,
We’re only haggling ‘bout the price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home