Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, January 05, 2007

Free Verse Rambling

I have read what you have written,
And though I know
I’ve only scratched the surface
Of beginning to understand
The workings that turn
Behind the jewels of your eyes,
I can tell you that
God, in His infinite humor,
Put you direct into my path,
And then, I am sure, He laughed,
Knowing as He does,
How I respond to anger,
Pain, cries of frustration,
And overall distrust of any
Who come, professing friendship.
And I know people lie most
When they believe they are being
Honest with themselves.
For the heart is deceitful
And to itself, most of all.
And I’m sure you suspect my motives
As well you should,
And not because I have designs
On your affections,
But rather, because mine
Is the sappy kind of caring
That blunders in, unknowing,
Doing more damage than good.
For though I am drawn by your fire,
The poetry of your being,
I don’t know where to begin
To reinforce your broken places.
And you don’t trust me
Enough to show me.
Nor do I think you want
To accept what I have to offer.
I know that I am not
What you believe you want,
And there are too many differences
In our beliefs, our backgrounds,
How we view the world,
And these would have to be reconciled,
Perhaps in ways where
Neither of us would
Wish to compromise,
Before we could begin to think
Of any happily ever after.
But I would not be me,
Nor could I be true
To my laughing God,
If I did not reach out my hand and try.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home