Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Longing

I’ve had my misadventures in the lists
Of love, and I suspect my time has been
And gone. And although my desire persists,
I don’t expect to find romance again.
At best, I hope to find someone with whom
I possibly can grow old gracefully.
But where’s the lady who I can presume
Is not averse to growing old with me?
For I am no suave lover, self-assured,
But must work slowly, to create a friend,
And prove my self, o’er time, by deed and word
Worthy of her heart unto the end.
But I grow weary; will I ever see
She for whom I wait most patiently?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home