Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Monday, February 12, 2007

For Crown Princess Dierdre

When winter lies heavy upon us,
With long nights, and days cold and gray,
And it seems that the warmth of the sunlight
Is a memory fading away,
Then we happily bow to the lady
Who banishes midwinter’s gloom.
For winter’s cold blight
Becomes May morning light
When Dierdre walks into the room.

When we see her graceful countenance
We fall over ourselves to obey
The lady who has such a merry heart
That she brightens a cold winter day.
When our Princess walks among us,
Who cares what the weather may bring?
We all take our seat
At the fair lady’s feet,
Around whom it always is spring.

Our Princess commands our loyalty
For the joy in us she creates.
When we hear her laugh, like birdsong,
We know that the springtime awaits.
And though the mid-winter blows dreary,
Our hearts are merry and warm.
For we know there lies
In our Princess’s eyes
The promise of Spring to come.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home