Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Sweetheart of Our Company

Circumstances beyond our control prevented this from bing presented as planned. But the sentiment is still true.


Tomorrow is the feast of Valentine,
The patron saint of lovers and sweethearts,
Celebrated with the finest wine
To dull the sting of Eros’ pointed darts.

And we who fight with brave steel in our hands
Are not immune to Cupid’s forceful call,
And every one among us understands
There’s one who’s the sweetheart of us all.

With her unsurpassed generosity,
She holds us all together by her art
So any fool among us plain can see
That of our company she is the heart.

Sirona, dear, tonight we honor thee,
The sweetheart of our fencing company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home