Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, February 17, 2007

I am not your lover.
Nor do I think I was meant to be.
I am here to clean up the mess
And pick up the pieces
After each lover has gone,
Leaving you wondering what happened,
And not wanting to be alone.
I place on you no obligations,
Expectations or anticipations.
Perhaps I'm just too damn old
To play those games any more,
But I would rather have you
A friend for a lifetime
Than some temporary thrill.
And at my age,
The rollercoaster has lost its charm.
So I am here when you need me
Waiting for you to let down
Your defences long enough
To trust me to do no harm.
I am not your lover,
Nor was I meant to be.
I simply love you, as is.
No questions asked,
And let it go at that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home