Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, August 25, 2006

The Dragon and the Unicorn Pt VII

Storming the Dragon's Hall

There were no flying banners,
No trumpets, no fanfare.
He walked into the great hall
And announced his presence.
Immediately he was siezed,
Bound, and broken,
The horn was sawed off,
The whiskers shaved,
The hooves shattered on the anvil.
"Look at him now!" roared the black one.
"Look at this billy goat I've conquered.
But in the morning his cell was empty
And so was the hall,
Where last night the laughter had echoed.
The dragon saw him on the hilltop
Bathed in sunrise.
The first rays of morning glistened
Upon the tip of the new-grown horn.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home