Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Sonnet: My Lady, Though No Fool

My Lady, though no fool for courtly love,
I must confess you find me ill at ease
When in your presence. I am not above
Desire, but thought to meet it as I please.
For I am troubled by what stirs within
My breast when e’er I contemplate your face.
Such loss of wits to me is mortal sin.
I find I am embarrassed by your grace.
So thus it seems your beauty breeds in me
A gentle poison to undo my soul.
My shipwreck’s total; your eyes are my sea.
They drown me in their depths, consume me whole.
Against my will, I yield to Eros’ bliss.
My Lady, you destroy me with a kiss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home