Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Prevarications

Prevarications

Now as for me, I’m a liar,
A professional, if you will.
I spin my lies right under your nose
With delicate grace and skill.

If you were to ask me the time of day,
I’ve three answers, and none of them true,
Depending on how you defined your terms
And, perhaps on your point of view.

I could happily argue three hours or more
What color is the sky?
And you’d find yourself agreeing with me
Though never exactly sure why.

I tell my lies to reveal to you
Things hidden and kept out of sight.
For simple honesty’s too crude a thing
To bring such matters to light.

My words reach within where secret things hide,
The things you don’t want to know.
It matters not how much you deny,
They know you, and won’t let you go.

And so I lie to tell you the truth
And reveal the truth with a lie,
And who’s to say who’s the honester man,
Between us, you and I?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home