Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Baron of South Downs

Should you visit the Barony,
One personage you’re sure to see,
Luxuriant in his villainy:
The Baron of South Downs.

With bald pate and grey temples, he
Appears, for all intents, to be
The image of sagacity,
In whom wisdom abounds.

But under his façade you see
A wit as wicked as can be,
That strains believability,
More subtle than it sounds.

The Baron’s Favorite verbal style
Is offering up a pun so vile
That it would stun a crocodile,
So bad that it astounds.

Or rather, should the Baron please,
He can deliver up with ease
A law firm’s worth of legalese,
Though dubious the grounds.

And if his words inspire alarm,
The Barons says they’re simply from
A natural quest for “Lebensraum”.
Now that’s straining at the bounds!

The Kingdom marvels at the man;
Just a humble pelican,
Having fun as best he can;
The Baron of South Downs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home