Name:
Location: Shire of Trisel, Trimaris

I am in my late forties, a proud husband, father, and a bard. I am a book pedlar by trade and a bookman by vocation. I am a romantic, a realist, and a Believer. I like a good joke, and a bad one even better. I admire all ladies for the innate beauty that is in each one, but my heart is sworn to the fair and gentle Lady Lorelei, who has consented to share my life and my name.

Friday, September 14, 2007

Lady of My Dream


The whispers of the evening breeze
Speak of summer’s end,
The cool of autumn slipping in
Upon us on the sly.
And with the grey geese winging
Southward, my desires bend
To where my heart awaits me,
And with them I would fly.

I’m quick to smile, to share a laugh,
The soul of amity.
The pleasure of good company
Still fills me with delight.
But underneath my surface
Of congeniality,
My thoughts turn ever towards the one
Whose absence mars each night.

I have but to close my eyes
To hold her in my arms.
A most exquisite beauty,
Soft to touch, and fair of face,
Intoxicates my senses, but
I know that all her charms,
Like my dreams, come morning
Melt away without a trace.

What I would not give to have
My lady by my side.
But fate conspires to keep the miles
Between us, it would seem.
Until the day that I can bring
Her home to be my bride,
She remains my wistful longing
And the lady of my dream.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home